Thursday, May 5, 2022

More clues for the SNAP IT! Mystery ....

 

Here are some questions the investigator asked me, but weren't posted on the Facebook page:

Helpful?

Was he picking on me?

Was he suspicious?

Was I being snippy with my last answer?

You decide!


 

Why was your business card found near the camera bag where the camera was stolen from, Christy said she never saw that one before.

It was windy, we were chasing the dog away from our stuff, and we weren't at the tables constantly. It could have blown off my table, or someone could have come by and picked it up. Maybe whoever took Christy's camera was checking out all our tables to look for something to steal. I'll have to check my inventory list to see if any of my books are missing.

 

Am I correct that you write a variety of genres, including cozy mystery? If you can create an alibi for a character, how do I know I can believe your alibi now?

Yes, I'm a writer, and the smart-alec answer is that I get paid to lie, so if I'm not getting paid, I'm not lying.

The boring answer that won't get me in trouble is that I have no reason to lie. I don't take pictures, I have no need for a camera, I wouldn't know what to do with a big, fancy, complicated camera like a professional uses, and I don't need money that badly that I would steal from a new friend. Or is that protesting too much? Go ask Queen Gertrude.


No comments: