Friday, May 20, 2022

New release sample: THE LIVING PROOF GETS THE BLUES

 The last article was a list of the dead. With a few sentences talking about what they had been doing before they reunited for the concert tour.

Pastor Rocky and Father Marty were listed near the top.

The article gave their current names, the names they had been using when they were with the band, and where they ministered now.

I read the information to Daniel, and my voice broke a little when I got to "Neighborlee Gospel Church, Neighborlee, Ohio."

"But they're not dead," he said. "So who died in the crash?"

I flipped through my phone, moving backward through the screens of information Sherwood had put there, then increased the view to navigate through the article. I was reading when Daniel pulled into the church parking lot, and while he unloaded my chair and brought it around to the door.

"It doesn't say anything about getting lookalikes or body doubles or whatever to fill in for them," I said, when I couldn't delay any longer, and slid out of the truck to settle in my chair.

"Sherwood?" Daniel said.

"You want it sent to Pastor Rocky's computer?" he asked through my phone.

"Please."

No comments: