Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Upcoming release sample: DANCING ON MY GRAVE


 “I didn’t say that.” Eden offered him a smile. The business smile, as Kai called it. Cool and calm and confident, that could slide over into threatening at a moment’s notice, and freeze demanding creepazoids in an instant, if necessary.

“You don’t have to. Sometimes those business smarts Grandpa trained into me come in handy, figuring out people and situations in other areas. You’ve gotta be good at reading people when you work real estate. All the horror stories you hear about the renters-from-hell, you don’t want that happening to you, so you learn to sniff out the delinquents and troublemakers and vandals before you sign the lease.” He leaned back in his chair, and raked his fingers through his fine, pale curls. “And figure out how to say no to the really big troublemakers without giving them an opening to sue you for prejudice or something else.”

“I have a few remote connections to people with access to higher security clearance,” Eden began. 

“No, it’s okay. I’ve got a few ideas I need to follow up on first. Steve mentioned something … still need to figure out if it’ll help with my other problems, or just make them worse. The only way I can do that is to meet him face-to-face.”

No comments: