Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Upcoming release sample: DANCING ON MY GRAVE

Saturday, June 18

 

“Now I’ve seen it all.” Rufus stopped short after making a right turn from the elevator and stared at the front of the coffee shop.

Eden nearly ran into him, coming out of the elevator behind him. She stepped up, resting one hand on the back of his wheelchair, and turned to look at what had him slowly shaking his head.

Conrad was walking out of the shop with that too-skinny Simone Radcliffe hanging on his arm like she needed him to keep her upright. That dopey grin he wore did not belong on his face. Especially focused on Simone. Eden shook her head, flashing back to what Sarah Fontaine had said a few weeks ago about Conrad waiting for Becca Sheridan to return from her short-term missionary trip.

“I didn’t know he was back in town,” she said, as the two walked out the front door and seemed to vanish for a few seconds, into the brilliant early afternoon sunlight.

“Neither did I,” Rufus murmured. “He didn’t get back to me, when I told him I finally got things cleared up with the office system. But if he figured he’d talk to me … why didn’t he come on up?”

 

No comments: