Friday, June 10, 2022

New release sample: THE LIVING PROOF GETS THE BLUES

 

"London and I are searching to see what family they had," Sherwood announced.

"Thank you. That's a start." A choked little chuckle escaped him when Father Marty turned around, looking for the source of the voice. "Bo, meet Sherwood. He's the Neighborlee equivalent of Maxx Headroom, without the stutter."

"Excuse me?" Father Marty shook his head and blinked rapidly.

"I guess I went too slow, breaking you in to the wonderful weirdness of Neighborlee." He sighed and looked over at Daniel and me. "Thank you for being here for me, but I think we need some privacy to grieve."

"Sure." Daniel stood up and I gave my chair a good shove forward with brain power. Father Marty didn't notice. He was giving the office some searching looks, probably looking for the speakers and maybe video cameras that fed into Sherwood.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Daniel said, once we were back out in his truck, and he had my chair in the back.

"Time for a run to Sweeties' candy warehouse? Time for a death by chocolate feast? How about a Buffy marathon?"

He snorted and just grinned at me for a few moments. Then the smile faded, and he sighed and closed his eyes. "If those were doppelgangers, like the ones we fought … what do they have to do with the reunion tour for Magna Magma? Is Pastor Rocky a target? Why is he involved?"


No comments: