Tuesday, June 28, 2022

New release sample: THE LIVING PROOF GETS THE BLUES

 

"This looks like a job for guardians," Ford said, leaning over my shoulder. He followed the deacons before the crowd surged back to their positions. I looked at Mum, who was standing next to me, looking especially demure that day with navy blue hair and a long, silvery-white shirt over denim capris. She rolled her eyes and nodded, and I turned my wheelchair to follow Ford.

"Well, let's get on with the Lord's business," Pastor Rocky said as I gave my chair a mental push, to let me catch up with the deacons. They were heading for the grassy amphitheater on the other side of the parking lot. "If Dave and Mercy are willing to trust me?" he added, with a nod to Tami Lee's parents. 

That got some people chuckling. I felt the tension ratcheting down behind me. Then a shiver of apprehension got me pushing with my arms, to save my telekinetic strength for any emergency handling of the nutcase. I caught a flicker of movement from the corner of my eye and turned my head enough to see Angela and Ethan following me. He had his phone out, and I didn't doubt he was calling more guardians.

No comments: