Tuesday, November 30, 2021

New release sample: ALLERGIC TO MISTLETOE

 

"Hargrove?" Megan shook her head. "I don't remember him."

"He has a medical condition." He leaned across the table and lowered his voice. "He can't permanently turn off an invisibility spell he triggered when he was a kid."

"And that helps me how?" Bethany said slowly, while her mind raced through dozens of implausible scenarios. "Can he, like, infect me with it? But how do I turn it off so I can work? And how would that help me go home for Christmas? That's what I really want."

"He can wrap the invisibility field around you, enough to just blur you so you can still talk to people but nobody recognizes you. Or he can turn you... Well, the field is so strong, if he let it go full force, people could walk through you."

"That's more like phased out into another dimension," she murmured.

"Almost. Harry has a lot of control, except for turning the whole thing off. If he wants to be seen, he can be. And he can do the same for you."

"Sounds like a good idea."

Questions immediately sprang to mind:

Would he mind spending the holidays with strangers?

Would he mind going to Neighborlee?

She had always believed magic protected Neighborlee, but would that magic work against someone who had real magic? 

Most important: Did Harry know who she was, and would he turn out to be an irritating fan?

No comments: