Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Update: What Am I Reading? What are YOU reading? (No, really, I want to know -- let's talk!!)

 

So, I have a confession to make:

I READ MORE THAN ONE BOOK AT A TIME!

What I mean by that is, I have different books in different formats for different times of the day.

Sometimes it takes me weeks to read a book. It all depends on what mood I'm in, how busy I am, if I'm driving, if I'm relaxing, if I'm waiting somewhere, if I'm totally brain-dead at the end of the day and couldn't read the instructions to open a jar of aspirin if my life depended on it ....


Here's what I'm reading right now:




THE WONDERLAND TRIALS
Sara Ella
Audiobook
This is usually for when I'm driving, or I'm walking around a store, shopping.

Take elements from ALICE IN WONDERLAND and mix them with a touch of THE HUNGER GAMES, throw in some racial oppression, a totalitarian state, magic, stolen identities ... Whew! I'm only 2 hours into the story, and I wish I had more errands to run so I can keep listening!!!






THE CARPET PEOPLE
Terry Pratchett

This is on my tablet, to read during mental health breaks during the day, or when I'm relaxing between a full day of work at the computer and dinnertime.
Often, I get a chapter in at bedtime.
Which conflicts with the third book on this list.

Terry Pratchett is the inspired, creatively insane author of the Discworld books. That ought to tell you enough right there about his wry British sense of humor -- and if you don't know Discworld, get out there and start reading!!

The carpet people are ... teeny, tiny, microscopic tribes of people who live in ... wait for it ... a carpet! Wacky, deliciously fun, with political commentary however you interpret it.







MIRACLE ON 10TH STREET
Madelaine L'Engle

This is ... gasp! ... a PAPER book. It sits on the table next to my bed. I should be reading a couple chapters every night, but ... yeah, I yield to temptation and indulge in wacky humor some nights instead of exploring a spiritual plain.

From the title, can you guess this is a CHRISTMAS book?
Yeah, I'm a little behind on my seasonal reading.
But y'know what? We should celebrate Christmas all year long. (that's a blatant reference to A CHRISTMAS CAROLE.....)


No comments: