Saturday, December 23, 2023

What's Happening?

 


Trying to get organized for the new year, and already I feel overwhelmed and falling behind.

Here's the schedule just for the first 5 months of the year:

January 15: Re-release of MUSIC IN THE NIGHT, Guardians of the Time Stream, Book 3 -- in paper, ebook and audio. I'm less than halfway through with editing the narration. 

Got the ebook uploaded today, though, and should have the cover for the print book soon, though!

February 1: BRIGHTEN YOUR CORNER, Book & Mug Mysteries, Book 3, releases from Mt. Zion Ridge Press. It's at the editor right now. I need to get final edits done, formatting, set up a promotional plan for the release, narrate and edit the audio, and get it all loaded by .... NOPE, not gonna make it. The goal is to have everything uploaded by 1 month from release date, which makes it January 1. NOT happening! Let's aim for January 15 ......

February 15: Re-release of WHITE ROSES, Tabor Heights Year 1, Book 4. I just started the narration for the audiobook today. I can't format for ebook and print until I've done the narration, because narrating an audiobook always uncovers those pesky glitches that keep showing up now matter how many times you edit and proofread. If I'm lucky, I'll have all the narration done by mid-January -- but I'll have to stop when I get the edits done for BRIGHTEN, to start narrating that book, because it's releasing 2 weeks sooner than ROSES.

Umm, anyone else think maybe my scheduling gene needs some major overhauling?

March 1: INQUEST, AFV Defender Book 4. I'm going through final edits now, for relaxing between all those throat-straining narration sessions. I hope to also be able to offer a GUIDE TO THE AFV DEFENDER UNIVERSE book to celebrate the release. I commissioned some incredible artwork when I was doing a Kickstarter for INQUEST that failed miserably .... gotta use the artwork somewhere. I'm having portraits done of the 7 dracs and their Human parents. You're gonna love them. The GUIDE will have all sorts of information for reference, such as names, places, and what all sorts of Nisandrian and Gatesh and Ankuaran words mean that are thrown around in the stories, with no translations. There will be thumbnail sketches of the plots of all the books -- AFV Defender books, Young Defender books, and the short stories.

At least, that's the plan.

April 1: Nope, not a joke, the release of THE BEASTLY BEAUTY, Enchanted Castle Archives Book 2. This one will be fairly easy for me, because the editing and polishing and formatting and narrating are done. I'm editing the narration a little at a time, in between other tasks, because starting in January, BEASTLY is the featured book in the Ye Olde Dragon's Library storytelling podcast. I'll be releasing the book in print, e, and audio when the podcast run is over -- and listeners will be a chance to pre-order and get the book, maybe all three formats in a bundle, at a discount. Check out the Patreon group, Ye Olde Dragon's Library, as well as the podcast.

May 1: TALES FROM THE FOREST, Fairytale Anthology #4. Can you believe it? This one will feature stories that take the story of Red Riding Hood and twist it, stretch it, turn it inside out and upside down. That reminds me ... I need to write my story, which will be another Enchanted Castle Archives story. Maybe this one will be a little different, and tell Ash's story, rather than 'Na's .... still waiting for inspiration lightning to strike.

May 15: ANNE, Quarry Hall Book 2 -- another re-released, in paper and audio, as well as ebook. Which means I need to go through the previous version, tighten up the style and language, catch glitches I didn't catch with the last release, narrate, edit narration, and get it all uploaded at least a month ahead of release day. Will I manage that?

Stay tuned and find out!

No comments: