Sunday, July 23, 2023

Off the Bookshelf: JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER, by Jodi Taylor

 

The Chronicles of St. Mary's, Book 1

Narrated by Zara Ramm

The book that started it all!

I started this series with the free short stories in audio from Audible, but I quickly became hooked, devoured all I could get to, and had to move on to willingly paying for my "fixes." 

Fun, quirky, dry British sense of humor, snarky in places. This is learning about the time-traveling historians from the inside, as a newcomer. Major fun as Max goes through training, and all the political scheming and bickering and in-fighting, through her first assignments, the accidents and injuries and deaths, and then learning that some people just can't be trusted. And then sweetly bitter revenge and justice.

Love this roller coaster ride that kept my attention the whole way through. I deliberately saved it for a long drive, so I wouldn't have to stop for "real life" and have waits of several hours before I could keep listening.

Warning: Contents can be addicting!

No comments: