Monday, June 22, 2020

New Release Sample: FRIENDLY FIRE


Published by Ye Olde Dragon Books
Available now in print and Kindle/Kindle Unlimited


"Tell me," M'kar said. "I won't take anything that might endanger the crew. We have children on board."

"Look at it my way, we have babies on my ship. The hope of an entire race. Enlo help us, my captain says we have to go back. I keep arguing we should head straight to the Academy, not take any chances. He says we have a greater responsibility to go back and find out if any survived. If we managed to drag the monsters with us and lost them. Or worse, the monsters are still there, killing everything that's left."

He tossed the data wafer to her. M'kar clutched the box against her chest while reaching with her free hand. The wafer bounced on her palm before she caught it.

"Babies. Some haven't been born yet. In stasis. Like that should be." He waved his hand at the ti box. "M'kar, I swear on the infrenx. I don't care if I get shot out the repulsion tubes for this, Thyal is more important. Once you look at the data and you untangle it, you'll agree."

Remember, he was always the one who kept the rest of us out of mischief.

M'kar flinched, hearing the smooth baritone voice in her head. She glanced at Dulit, but he didn't seem to hear.

No, he can't hear me. I've been trying. I'm only linked with you. Thyal, their classmate left on Le'anka, chuckled softly.

All right, she shot back, so he isn't reacting to any pressure. Not that you would ever pressure anyone to do anything unethical.

Your faith in me is most gratifying.

At least give me a little warning when you initiate contact? She bit her lip to keep a straight face. Now was not the time to explain to Dulit that she could hear Thyal in her mind. It went beyond everything even the Premier Masters on Le'anka understood about mind-touch.

No comments: