Friday, May 15, 2020

The Adventure: with author CINDY THOMSON: My Current Scribing Adventure, pt. 2

CONTINUED from Thursday:

And that brings me up to today. I just finished a new novel, one I worked on for nearly two years. When it’s polished and the book proposal is ready, I will seek out a new publisher. I could publish it myself, but I would like the support a big publisher can offer (having experienced that earlier with my traditionally published books). Maybe I’ll get another agent at some point. Or maybe not, who knows?

The publishing life is filled with ups and downs. Once I realized that, it was a little easier to go with the flow. In today’s environment, there are lots of possibilities for writers. While competition is tough, there are still plenty of readers out there. Traditional publishers, small presses, indie publishing, blogs, magazines … so many opportunities await.

One thing I’ve noticed while quarantining and observing social media posts from others is that this time of slowing down has sparked creativity in many people. Baking, painting, gardening, sewing, crafting, writing, making music … I hope you are doing something to get connected to your creative side because everyone has one. Do you agree? Keep on creating!

Bio: Known for the inspirational Celtic theme employed in most of her books, Cindy Thomson is the author of six novels and four non-fiction books, including her newest, Finding Your Irish Roots. A genealogy enthusiast, she writes from her home in Ohio where she lives with her husband Tom near their three grown sons and their families. 


PRIZE DRAWING:
Anyone who comments on either post Thursday and Friday AND comments on any post at http://cindyswriting.com/blog/ will be entered in the drawing to win this nifty bookmark, to be held May 22.


1 comment:

Daisy said...

Cindy, I thought I posted yesterday but it turned out to be on your blog. So sorry about that. Perhaps you can read it there! I've really enjoyed all your books and would love to see you get a big publisher. At first, with the quarantine, my creativity was in cookinh. I was trying new recipes, tweaking old ones for health or taste, or creating my own versions of something. But I have finally have gotten some new inspiration in another hobby. I am a card maker, and finally replaced my broken diecutter, gotten into a Zoom group, and have specific person/occasion to make a card for. I'm suddenly brainstorming like crazy! It does make such a huge difference! I am an extrovert and need an outlet! Creativity is so important to mental health.