Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Off the Bookshelf: EVEN TREE NYMPHS GET THE BLUES, by Molly Harper

Audible Original

I already downloaded another audiobook by this author -- does that tell you how much I liked this one?

It's a standalone novella in the Mystic Bayou series -- which I have to look further into.

The heroine is a tree nymph named Ingrid who has decided to move to a town in Louisiana where other mythological and magical people have found sanctuary and formed a community. In this far-too-short story, she arrives with plans to buy a farm, raise cows, and make and sell ice cream. Sounds like a good plan to me, and a way to become instantly popular!

Of course, there are hiccups in the plan, starting with bureaucrats and scientists and a sad part of her history when another handsome scientist tried to take advantage of her -- so when the resident handsome scientists falls for Ingrid, she and he are in for a hard time.

Since this is a romance, need I bother to assure you there is a happily ever after?

This was an interesting presentation, because the chapters went back and forth between the POV of the heroine and hero, with a female narrator and a male narrator. Took a little getting used to, but what does that matter? It was a fun book, and over way too fast. I hope the author tells more stories about Ingrid in the next Mystic Bayou book I get. Because I certainly will!

No comments: