Sunday, August 19, 2018

Off the Bookshelf: THE DANIEL PLAN, by Rev. Rick Warren

Pastor Rick Warren (The Purpose-Driven Life, remember him?) looked in the mirror one day and realized he needed some help on the outside, to be blunt. And so did a LOT of people in his congregation. So he issued a challenge and invitation from the pulpit and a lot of people in the congregation of Saddleback Church got involved.

He also got experts in nutrition and fitness involved. You can read their references and experience in the book.

Yeah, another diet plan.
But this one is DO-ABLE.

A total makeover for your mind and body, with multiple aspects to incorporate. Faith, food, fellowship, fitness. Meeting the needs of the WHOLE person.

Okay, it's going to take me a while to incorporate ALL the steps, all the recommendations, make all the changes, but I started making changes in my eating and activity and lifestyle while I was reading the book. Simple things like being more active, trying to avoid drinking my calories (that one hurt, I love milk, for one thing), and drinking more water. I've lost weight already. I'm down lower than I've been in years.

There are lots of options available and lots of support on the Daniel Plan website. You can do this, and they're there to help you. I kid you not. Can't wait to see where I am a year from now, if just a few changes have made a difference already ....

No comments: