Thursday, February 15, 2018

New Book Excerpt: KILLING HIS ALTER-EGO

 Published by Desert Breeze Publishing:

Wednesday, August 16

Okay, things aren't quite so bad as I thought they'd be Monday morning. Maybe it was stage fright, even though there's no stage? The cameras do kind of look like prehistoric monsters.

Anyway, the first two days of shooting weren't so bad. Mostly because I was doing all my solo shots, where Jess has run away from the colony and trying to survive out in the wilderness by herself. The animal wranglers are pretty nice, and some of them know who Mom is, so they were nearly asking for her autograph. You should have seen some of the other actors staring, when they let me handle the falcon that brings Jess this mutant-looking rabbit with bug eyes. Got to play with the wolf cubs, too. They said I have "the touch." Well, duh. You grow up playing with wild animals, you know how to talk to them, y'know?

I was feeling pretty good, other than being a little ticked that they changed some of Jess's lines. Hello? We're on an alien planet. What makes them think that the aliens speak English? It's not like we have a Universal Translator or anything. They cut all my lines where Jess talks to the animals and then kind of slaps herself for being stupid enough to think they'd understand. Of course, they're working on bigger hints that the animals who protect Jess and bring her to Bridger are aliens. So I guess that works out. I hope it's better on film than it felt when I was saying the lines.


You know how we were goofing around, pretending we were scouting and setting up traps for colony security and helping Bridger escape traps and all that fun stuff? We were such little kids, but it was so much fun. There were a few times during the shooting when I could actually slide back into that pretending so hard it became real. That made everything a lot better.

No comments: